Note: for the 4.5″ flex sensor, please refer to: 4.5″ flex sensor
- A simple Sparkfun flex sensor 2.2″ in length. As the sensor is flexed, the resistance across the sensor increases. Patented technology by Spectra Symbol – they claim these sensors were used in the original Nintendo Power Glove. I love the Nintendo Power Glove. It’s so bad!
- The resistance of the flex sensor changes when the metal pads are on the outside of the bend (text on inside of bend).
- Connector is 0.1″ spaced and bread board friendly. Check datasheet for full specifications.
- Flat Resistance: 10K Ohms ±30%
- Bend Resistance: minimum 2 times greater than the flat resistance at 180° pinch bend
- Power Rating : 0.5 Watts continuous; 1 Watt Peak
- Life Cycle: >1 million
- Height: 0.43mm (0.017″)
- Temperature Range: -35°C to +80°
- 1 x Flex 2.2″ Sensor